Profile @ a Glance
- Gallic acid [3,4,5-trihydroxybenzoic acid, C6H2(OH)3COOH]
is obtained from nutgalls and other plants or by the hydrolysis of
tannic acid with sulfuric acid
- Gallic acid has two functional groups in the same molecule,
groups and a carboxylic acid group. They can yield numerous esters
salts including digallic acid which is formed by the reaction of two
of gallic acid with one another.
- Gallic acid and its derivatives are used in making dyes and
photographic developers and has been used as astringents in
- Some gallates are used as antioxidants in foods.
- Tannins (tannic acid or gallotannic acid) are esters of digallic
They are widely used in tanning leather, dyeing fabrics,
inks, and in various medical applications (as astringents and to
treat some skin diseases).
- Technology for production of Vanillin Gallic Acid has been
- Gallic Acid is a herbicide - disrupts the fungusís ability to
- Polyphenols are antioxidant compounds found in the skin and
seeds of grapes.The phenols in red wine include catechin, gallic
acid and epicatechin.Polyphenols have been found to have antioxidant
- Research on the antioxidants found in red wine has shown that
they may help inhibit the development of certain cancers
About the Product Gallic Acid
Raw Materials, Processing & Technology
- Gallic Acid & its applications
- Gallic Acid
- The spectroscopic properties of gallic acid
- Sources for Reference
- Production of Gallic Acid from Tannic
Acid by Fermentation Process
- Gallic acid
from Terminalia Chebula - Technology Offer
- Processing and Marketing of Tara Pods,
Description of Tara or Taya (Caesalpinia Spinosa).
- Gallic Acid as raw material
- Tannin - Food Grade
- Microbial Transformation
of Tannin-rich substrate to Gallic Acid.
- Erigeron, Euphorbia
Hypericifolia - Gallic Acid is the Principal Constituent.
- Microbiological Production - Gallic Acid from Rhus Coriaria
- A Chemical
Property of Oil, Determination of Tannins
- Gallic Acid
as a Developing Agent in Talbot's Calotype Process
- Bio Trade Facilitation programme, Tara and its
- Phytochemicals -
Gallic acid is used for making Dyes and Inks.
Vanillin from Gallic Acid
- An anti-folate antibacterial
drug produced from gallic acid.
- Seed Tannins
Products & Company Profiles
- Product Identification,
Composition/Information on Ingredients, Toxicological and Regulatory
- Clear Tannin Guard
Articles of Interest
of Crystallizing and Purifying Alkyl Gallates.
- OPCs: oligomeric proanthocyanidins
- Tannin Chemistry
- Tara Gum as a Food Additive, Nature of
Phenolic Compound - Gallic
Acid in Wine
Gathering of Medicinal Plants.
Extraction of Chebula
: The Indian Scenario - Assessing Ecological Sustainability
Tannin Assays: Use of
Nuclear and Related Techniques to develop Simple Tannin Assays,
Extraction of Tannins.
Ferro Gallic: Ferro Gallic
Process produce Positive Copies of Drawings
herbs - terminalia
Research - Gallic Acid in Walnut
Tannin, Comparison of Gallic Acid Levels.