- Elastomer indicates a material which exibits an elastic behaviour, namely a material that undergoes to large deformation if subjected to a force, and recover its original shape when the force is removed. Such elastic behaviour is very similar to the elasticity of traditional vulcanized rubbers.
- Elastomers are usually thermosets (requiring vulcanization) but may also be thermoplastic (see thermoplastic elastomer). The long polymer chains cross-link during curing.
- Temperature effects are also present in the demonstrated elasticity of a polymer. Elastomers that have cooled to a glassy or crystalline phase will have less mobile chains, and consequentially less elasticity, than those manipulated at temperatures higher than the glass transition temperature of the polymer.
- Various types of elastomers are Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE), Thermoplastic Vulcanizates (TPV), Polyurethane rubber, Resilin, Elastin and Polysulfide Rubber.
- Summarizing a TPE is a material showing elastic/rubbery behviour at room temperature and thermoplastic/viscous behaviour at high temperature. Despite to such noticeable properties, TPE can be used in substitution of traditional vulcanized rubbers for many applications giving to the final goods the same rubbery feeling.
- Polyurethanes elastomers present properties that can be varied over a broad range, depending on the choice of raw materials, their formulation, the compounding with different materials and their processing.
- Because of their very special and versatile properties, polyurethanes elastomers have found wide application in virtually every industry, varying from the automotive, electrical and electronic industry, design and textile industry, to the mining and heavy duty industry.
- Applications of copolyester elastomers include hydraulic hose, fire hose, flexible couplings, diaphragms, gears, protective boots, seals, oil-field parts, sports-shoe soles, wire and cable insulation, fiber-optic jacketing, electrical connectors, fasteners, knobs, and bushings.
- The thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) market in the United States is gradually attaining commodity status, effecting a slew of changes in terms of price and profit margin.
- China's demand for thermoplastic elastomers has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next five years, both production and demand will continue to grow.
- It is forecast that the Chinese automobiles, footwear, appliances, construction, industrial products, wire and cable industries will continue to fuel demand for thermoplastic elastomers and to lead the industry in growth. The total market demand for thermoplastic elastomers will increase 12.0% annually to 1,129,000 metric tons by the year 2009.
- Elastomer Introduction
- Polyurethanes Elastomers
- Thermoplastic Elastomers
- Materials by Design - Elastomers
- Non-Foams Elastomers
- Elastomers Properties
- Thermoplastic Elastomers Information
- Creation and Development of Thermoplastic Elastomers
Production and Processing
- Performance and Processing Enhancements of Aromatic Polyurea Elastomer Systems
- Ethylene-Propylene Rubbers & Elastomers
- Design, Fabrication, and Testing of Micromachined Silicone Rubber Membrane Valves
- Elastomer Processing
- Thermoplastic Elastomers processing
- Processing of TPE
- Production of thermoplastic elastomers
- Akzo Nobel Polymer Chemicals
- Corry Rubber Corporation
- DSM Elastomers
- Midwest Elastomers Inc
- Santoprene TPE
- High Tech Elastomers, Inc
- Synoprene Polymers Pvt. Ltd.
- Technovinyl Polymers India Ltd
- Nicholas J. Sarra
- Richard L. Rabe
- Terence A. Cooper
- Fluoroelastomer Specialists
- Cost Efficient Recycling of Elastomeric Materials With Noise and Vibration Damping Applications
- Elastomer Modeling
- Elastomer Durability Tester
- New elastomer bonding project to be launched Q4 2003
- Visible Implant Elastomer Tag
- Liquid crystalline thermoplastic elastomers for actuators and electromechanical applications
- Soft metrology of soft-touch polymers and elastomers
- Biodegradable thermoplastic elastomers
- Thermoplastic elastomers by dynamic crosslinking using radical curing agents
- Bespak Debuts Elastomer Plant
- Thermoplastic Elastomer Plant in the U.S.
- Mitsui Chemical opens largest elastomers plant outside of Japan
- Singapore Elastomers Plant
- Fourne PolymerTechnik
- Nanolok Technology
- Railway Technology
- ED Resistant Elastomers
- Silicone Elastomers Evaluated for Sealing Applications in Space Environments
- Elastomers expand design options
- Advanced Elastomer Systems
- Elastoscreen Products
- Kent Elastomer Products
- Specialty Elastomers Products
- Elastomer & Ride Control Products
- Tera Polyolefin Elastomer Seal
- TPO blends containing multimodal elastomers
- Olefinic thermoplastic elastomer sheet
- Polypropylene thermoplastic elastomer compositions having improved processing properties and physical property balance
- Process for the production of tires comprising vulcanized elastomers
- Process for the surface treatment of unsaturated rubber
- Manufacturing process of spray urethane elastomer
- Transparent elastomer safety shield
- Thermoplastic Vulcanizates
- Increase in Thermoplastic Elastomer Production Capacity
- Thermoplastic Elastomers Conference - TPE 2006
- Tenneco Automotive Launches Elastomer Production in Europe
- Chinese Markets for Specialty Elastomers
- Properties of “Soft Touch” Thermoplastic Elastomers
Material Safety Data Sheet
- Elastomer Series
- Silicone Elastomer Base
- NANCAR® NBR Elastomer
- Elastomers Exporters
- Elastomers suppliers
- Manufacturers/ Suppliers of Polyester Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Thermoplastic Elastomer Suppliers
- Polyurethane Elastomers Suppliers
- Thermoplastic Elastomer Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Thermoplastic Manufacturers
- Thermoplastic Elastomers industry
- Foreign Importers & Buyers
- Indian Importers & Buyers
- Elastomers Buyers List1
- Elastomers Buyers List2
- Elastomers Buyers List3
GuidesOrder the CD ROM Today